24 hrs 15 mins
A must served with Sauerbraten - German pot roast. Takes a while to prepare but very worth the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil, peel and rice potatoes onto a cloth towel (if you don't have a potato ricer you can very finely mash them).
- 2Let stand overnight.
- 3Next day, put potatoes into large bowl; add all ingredients and mix together with hands.
- 4Flour counter space and turn potato mixture out onto floured work space.
- 5Flour hands and form potatoes into small 3 inch balls.
- 6Let stand on floured work space until ready to boil.
- 7Bring large pot of water to boil.
- 8Carefully drop several potato balls into boiling water.
- 9They will fall to bottom.
- 10When all have risen to the top, partially cover pot and cook for 5 minutes more.
- 11Remove from water with slotted spoon and place on platter.
- 12Repeat until all are cooked.
- 13A must served with Sauerbraten- German pot roast.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 493.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g