Recipe by Az B
From www.recipegoldmine.com. This is a Scandinavian dish. The savory dumplings are excellent with almost any meat main course, and they offer a new alternative to more traditional side dishes.
- 4 cups shredded raw potatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 -3 quarts beef, ham or 2 -3 quarts chicken broth
- 16 (1/2 inch) cubes cooked ham
- melted butter
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a strainer. Rinse with cold water to prevent browning; drain well. In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Add potatoes; stir until coated.
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Using a serving spoon, scoop a rounded spoonful of potato mixture, about the size of an egg. Press 1 cube of ham into center, covering completely. Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower dumpling into hot broth. Quickly shape remaining dumplings the same way and lower into broth.
- Adjust heat to maintain a simmer but not a hard boil. Simmer at least 45 minutes, turning over dumplings after about 25 minutes. Use slotted spoon to lift dumplings from broth. Serve hot with melted butter; garnish with parsley.