Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from Mrs. Hildegarde Weinhold, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it Bier Suppe (Beer Soup)
- Cook pared potatoes until tender.
- Drain and rice.
- Add egg, flour and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- On floured surface, shape mixture into a 12" roll.
- Cut 12 pieces.
- Press crouton into each.
- Shape into a ball.
- Drop into boiling salt water.
- Cover tightly and cook 10 to 12 minutes.
- (I'm assuming that the crouton goes in the center of the ball to help speed up the cooking process.).
The croutons go into the middle of the potato dumpling to add flavor.