Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little dumplings are really good with a roast or in soup.Make them twice the size and serve them instead of potatoes. When I do this I like to either brown them with a bit of butter or put a little sauce over them and bake them for 30 minutes at 325f - the larger dumplings take 20 minutes apprx to cook in the boiling salted water, cook them over medium heat. Try adding Garlic, chili flakes or other herbs to the dumplings for an entirely differect flavor
- 4 potatoes, boiled and mashed or riced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 slices white toast, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon potato flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Combine all the ingredients, mix well.
- Shape mixture into walnut sized balls.
- Drop balls one at a time into rapidly boiling water.
- Lift them out when they raise to the top and drain.
- Brown the dumplings in butter.
- Serve with roast or soup.