Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inexpensive and tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup dry milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- oil (for frying)
- Mix first 6 ingredients together.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In AM roll out on floured board and cut out.
- Fry in deep hot oil and drain.
WOW it is fantastic! at first Potato Doughnuts did not sound very good, but these are FANTASTIC! Definatly make again! thank you for the good recipe!