Top Review by Chef Tweaker
This did NOT work for me. The texture of potato just didn't work. Maybe it makes a difference which style of potato you use? Mine weren't exactly flakes... more like little balls and I blended them to get a better texture.
- instant potato flakes, for about 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks or 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In shallow dish or pie plate, mix dry potato flakes with cheese, seasoned salt and pepper.
- In another shallow dish, with fork, beat egg with 1/4 cup water just until mixed.
- With tongs, roll chicken in egg mixture, then coat with potato flake mixture; set on wire rack to dry 10 or 15 minutes.
- In 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly roll pan, melt butter in oven.
- With pot holders, remove pan from oven and tilt pan to spread butter evenly over pan.
- Arrange chicken in pan, turning pieces over to coat with melted butter.
- Bake chicken 40 to 50 minutes until fork-tender.