Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In shallow dish or pie plate, mix dry potato flakes with cheese, seasoned salt and pepper.
- In another shallow dish, with fork, beat egg with 1/4 cup water just until mixed.
- With tongs, roll chicken in egg mixture, then coat with potato flake mixture; set on wire rack to dry 10 or 15 minutes.
- In 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly roll pan, melt butter in oven.
- With pot holders, remove pan from oven and tilt pan to spread butter evenly over pan.
- Arrange chicken in pan, turning pieces over to coat with melted butter.
- Bake chicken 40 to 50 minutes until fork-tender.
This did NOT work for me. The texture of potato just didn't work. Maybe it makes a difference which style of potato you use? Mine weren't exactly flakes... more like little balls and I blended them to get a better texture.
Very yummy! I like to make this when I am in the mood for a great chicken recipe but don't want to slave over the stove.
Loved it! Will never make fried chicken on top of the stove again.