I made these for dinner last night..very tasty, my husband took the rest for work today..thats a first.
- Peel potatoes and dice as evenly as possible.
- Heat oil and add spices when warm.
- Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, then add potatoes and stir well to coat with oil and spices.
- Continue for 5 to 10 minutes so potato cubes are slightly crisp.
- Add water, lower heat and simmer slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Add yogurt and peas, heat for another 5 minutes and serve.
so easy and so yummy! The water cooks the potatoes tender and cuts down the oil. The aromatic oil at the bottom of the skillet browns the potatoes and add such a wonderful flavour. The colour is an appetizing yellow with tender peas. Plus, it was easy to book. simple, clear instruction. I think this can serve more than four. I love this dish!
This is a great vegetarian curry, very easy to make and perfect for those of us addicted to carbs. The only flaw in the recipe is that it should mention that when you start heating up those mustard seeds you should cover the pan and not uncover it until the seeds have finished popping. If you're not careful you could lose an eye (to quote my mother)! This is a great main course or side dish! Thanks Dancer!
this was very good! I changed it a little to include two crushed cloves of garlic, 1/2tsp paprika, 1tsp hot curry powder, and about 2 cups shredded pre-cooked chicken (during the last ten minutes). If I hadn't put meat in it, my boyfriend would have refused to eat it for dinner, sorry :). I especially enjoyed the spiciness of this dish, just the perfect amount. I think I will make this dish again, and experiment with different spices. Thank you for another great recipe.