1/1 Photo of Potato Cups in Muffin Tins( Irish )
1 hr 10 mins
Cheesy shredded potatoes are baked in muffin tins and served over marinated cucumber slices, An elegant side dish for a special entree. COOKS NOTES: If you have a Mandoline, it would be helpful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shredded potatoes (I use frozen and thaw them before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked peppercorn
- butter, to grease the muffin tins
- parsley (to garnish)
Marinated Cucumber Slices
- 1Prepare the Potato Cups.
- 2Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- 3Mix together the potatoes, onion, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Generously butter 6 muffin tins, 2-1/2" size. Press the potato mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Bake 45 minutes or until the edges are well browned.
- 4Remove from the oven to a rack to cool slightly. Loosen and invert the potato cups onto a plate.
- 5Prepare Marinated Cucumber Slices.
- 6While the potatoes are baking, notch the edges of the cucumber with the tines of a fork. Using a mandoline slice approximately 7 to 8 slices per person.
- 7Mix the mint, vinegar, sugar and cayenne together and marinate the cucumber slices for approximately 30 minutes.
- 8To Plate Up: Overlap the marinated cucumber slices in a circle off to the side on each plate. Place the inverted potato cup on top, add a sprig of Parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cups in Muffin Tins( Irish )
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 54.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar