Cheesy shredded potatoes are baked in muffin tins and served over marinated cucumber slices, An elegant side dish for a special entree. COOKS NOTES: If you have a Mandoline, it would be helpful!
- 2 cups shredded potatoes (I use frozen and thaw them before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked peppercorn
- butter, to grease the muffin tins
- parsley (to garnish)
Marinated Cucumber Slices
- English cucumber
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh mint, minced
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash cayenne
- Prepare the Potato Cups.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Mix together the potatoes, onion, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Generously butter 6 muffin tins, 2-1/2" size. Press the potato mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Bake 45 minutes or until the edges are well browned.
- Remove from the oven to a rack to cool slightly. Loosen and invert the potato cups onto a plate.
- Prepare Marinated Cucumber Slices.
- While the potatoes are baking, notch the edges of the cucumber with the tines of a fork. Using a mandoline slice approximately 7 to 8 slices per person.
- Mix the mint, vinegar, sugar and cayenne together and marinate the cucumber slices for approximately 30 minutes.
- To Plate Up: Overlap the marinated cucumber slices in a circle off to the side on each plate. Place the inverted potato cup on top, add a sprig of Parsley and serve.