Recipe by kiwidutch
Cheesy shredded potatoes are baked in muffin tins and served over marinated cucumber slices, An elegant side dish for a special entree. COOKS NOTES: If you have a Mandoline, it would be helpful!
Top Review by kimberlietx
The flavors of the potato and cucumber recipes were very good separately, but I didn't get the combination even after tasting it. I do like the versatility of the potato recipe... lots of options. Make sure you REALLY grease the pans though... mine still stuck and ruined the overall effect. I'll make this recipe again, but separately. Thanks!
- 2 cups shredded potatoes (I use frozen and thaw them before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked peppercorn
- butter, to grease the muffin tins
- parsley (to garnish)
Marinated Cucumber Slices
- English cucumber
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of fresh mint, minced
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the Potato Cups.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Mix together the potatoes, onion, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Generously butter 6 muffin tins, 2-1/2" size. Press the potato mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Bake 45 minutes or until the edges are well browned.
- Remove from the oven to a rack to cool slightly. Loosen and invert the potato cups onto a plate.
- Prepare Marinated Cucumber Slices.
- While the potatoes are baking, notch the edges of the cucumber with the tines of a fork. Using a mandoline slice approximately 7 to 8 slices per person.
- Mix the mint, vinegar, sugar and cayenne together and marinate the cucumber slices for approximately 30 minutes.
- To Plate Up: Overlap the marinated cucumber slices in a circle off to the side on each plate. Place the inverted potato cup on top, add a sprig of Parsley and serve.