Arctic Mama's Note:
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe, I think she got it from the Food Network. I have changed it just a bit. This is my favorite way to make Halibut, but any firm whitefish will do. I serve this to guests all the time.
My Private Note
4-6 oun ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups dried mashed potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) white fish steaks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the mustard. In a third shallow bowl, place the dried mashed potato flakes.
- 3In a large sauce pan, heat oil over high heat.
- 4Dip the steaks in the the flour, then the egg mixture, then the potato. Place the fish in the sauce pan and sear for 2 minutes per side. Place the saucepan with fish in the oven for 4 minutes or until cooked throughly.
- 5While fish is baking. Place anouther saucepan over high heat. Add the wine, lemon juice, garlic and green onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the liquid is reduced by 2/3.
- 6Over low heat whisk in butter, a small amount at a time.
- 7Serve sauce over fish and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Crusted Whitefish With Lemon Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.9
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 287.8 mg
- Sodium 225.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: