Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe, I think she got it from the Food Network. I have changed it just a bit. This is my favorite way to make Halibut, but any firm whitefish will do. I serve this to guests all the time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups dried mashed potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) white fish steaks
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the mustard. In a third shallow bowl, place the dried mashed potato flakes.
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil over high heat.
- Dip the steaks in the the flour, then the egg mixture, then the potato. Place the fish in the sauce pan and sear for 2 minutes per side. Place the saucepan with fish in the oven for 4 minutes or until cooked throughly.
- While fish is baking. Place anouther saucepan over high heat. Add the wine, lemon juice, garlic and green onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the liquid is reduced by 2/3.
- Over low heat whisk in butter, a small amount at a time.
- Serve sauce over fish and Enjoy!
I made this last night using shefish that my daughter & son- in- law gave us. It was delicious! I used my iron skillet & just moved it from the stove top into the oven. I used 1/2 the recipe since there were just 2 of us eating. It had a lightly browned crust and the fish was perfectly cooked inside. I might try the same recipe with chicken breasts & just bake it longer. I served it with roasted fresh asparagus. Great dinner!
This is a great fish recipe, something very different when you get bored of broiling or baking! I leave my fish a little longer, just to make the crust a little crispier. This is not really lo-cal, but so good!
Excellent! Great to serve company