Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Michael Smith is a Canadian chef who encourages you to make his recipes your own. This recipe is supposed to have the horseradish in it, but some people don't like the heat so I made it optional. I like the horseradish in it. Michaeld intended this to be served with Pickle Sauce (Michael Smith). Enjoy!
- 2 russet potatoes, baked and chilled
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (optional, but recommended!)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grate potatoes through the large holes of a box grater into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in horseradish, oil and salt and pepper mixing well.
- Pat crust onto top surface of filets and place in a baking pan or on a baking sheet.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through and the crust is golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
This was fantastic! I used the optional horseradish and I'm glad I did. This'll be going into my favorites collection.