Recipe by docchiromb
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A delicious and elegant entrée that is crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. This recipe can easily be scaled up or down.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 ounces halibut fillets, skin and bones removed
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (your favorite brand)
- 1 lemon
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2. Add shredded hash browns and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt to a medium bowl and stir gently to mix.
- 3. Lay a 12 inch square of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Brush plastic wrap with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Place 1/2 cup of potato in the center of the plastic wrap and spread evenly to about 1 inch from each edge of the wrap.
- 4. Place a halibut filet on a flat plate and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt on the filet. Grate the lemon zest into a small bowl, and then cut lemon in half. Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon of zest and squeeze about 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice onto filet. Carefully place the filet, seasoned side down, on the center of the potatoes on the plastic wrap. Slowly fold the sides of the plastic wrap around the filet to completely surround with the hash brown mixture and fold back plastic wrap. Wrap firmly with the plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Repeat process with remaining filets.
- 5. Brush a non-stick baking pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Unwrap the filets and place onto the baking pan, leaving at least an inch between filets. Bake for 17-19 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.