Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't usually care for Sea Bass but this is outstanding. We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in Nevis and on the night of our anniversary we dined in their fine dining room. This is the entree I ordered. Delicious!
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 fresh basil leaves, patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 large idaho potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chilean sea bass fillets
- Purée peppers in a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, garlic and basil.
- Process until smooth.
- With processor running, add olive oil until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes, skin on, into paper-thin slices.
- Season fish with some of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange potato slices, overlapping, on the surface of each fillet to resemble fish scales.
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick sauté pan.
- Place fish, potato side down, in pan and cook 5 minutes.
- Turn fish over and continue to cook other side about 3 minutes, or until done.
- Serve accompanied by simple grilled vegetables such as eggplant or zucchini and drizzled with roasted red pepper sauce.