I don't usually care for Sea Bass but this is outstanding. We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in Nevis and on the night of our anniversary we dined in their fine dining room. This is the entree I ordered. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Purée peppers in a food processor.
- 2Add lemon juice, garlic and basil.
- 3Process until smooth.
- 4With processor running, add olive oil until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 6Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes, skin on, into paper-thin slices.
- 7Season fish with some of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 8Arrange potato slices, overlapping, on the surface of each fillet to resemble fish scales.
- 9Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick sauté pan.
- 10Place fish, potato side down, in pan and cook 5 minutes.
- 11Turn fish over and continue to cook other side about 3 minutes, or until done.
- 12Serve accompanied by simple grilled vegetables such as eggplant or zucchini and drizzled with roasted red pepper sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Crusted Chilean Bass
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.0
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 487.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 27.8 g