Recipe by bgnvlia
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The crispy potato crust keeps the fish filets moist and tender inside. They are great for a dinner party because they can easily be kept warm and crispy when placed in a warm (250 degree) oven.
- 24 ounces catfish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combiner buttermilk and hot sauce in a ziplock bag. Add fish filets and refrigerate for 10 minutes .
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and use a pair of scissors to cut potatoes into smaller shreds (about 1/4 inch pieces). Pat with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Remove fish from buttermilk allowing excess to drip of and place on a paper towel. Divide half of the potatoes evenly between the fish filets spreading and pressing firmly onto the tops of fish filets. The layer of potatoes should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully place fish, potato side down, into hot oil. Press remaining potatoes onto the fish filets. Cook 6-8 minutes until the potatoes on the bottom side are brown and crispy, then carefully turn and cook an additional 6-8 minutes until the other side is brown and the fish is cooked through.