5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The crispy potato crust keeps the fish filets moist and tender inside. They are great for a dinner party because they can easily be kept warm and crispy when placed in a warm (250 degree) oven.
My Private Note
6 oz. f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combiner buttermilk and hot sauce in a ziplock bag. Add fish filets and refrigerate for 10 minutes .
- 2Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Place potatoes in a bowl and use a pair of scissors to cut potatoes into smaller shreds (about 1/4 inch pieces). Pat with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- 4Remove fish from buttermilk allowing excess to drip of and place on a paper towel. Divide half of the potatoes evenly between the fish filets spreading and pressing firmly onto the tops of fish filets. The layer of potatoes should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- 5Carefully place fish, potato side down, into hot oil. Press remaining potatoes onto the fish filets. Cook 6-8 minutes until the potatoes on the bottom side are brown and crispy, then carefully turn and cook an additional 6-8 minutes until the other side is brown and the fish is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Crusted Catfish #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 229.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns