1/1 Photo of Potato Crust Vegetable Pizza
I lost this recipe in a recent move. I thought it was from SL, went to the SL message board and someone said it sounded like a BHG recipe, so checked there. YEAH! Posting here for safe keeping. This is NOT a quiche--the eggs are just to hold the crust together. The full flavor of this "pizza" comes from the chevre, fresh basil and veggies. I have successfully used the refrigerated shredded hash browns to save some time. Get out the food processor for the other veggies--your taste buds will NOT be disappointed! Serves 8-10 as a main dish, 18-20 appetizers. From BH&G
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (prefer rosemary flavor)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium summer squash, yellow-thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package goat cheese
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Finely shred potatoes and onion into a bowl of water; drain well, squeezing out excess moisture.
- 3In a large bowl, combine potatoes mixture, eggs, flour and salt; mix well.
- 4Press into a well greased 15 X 10 X 1 baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Brush with 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil; bake 10 minutes more. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine zucchini, squash, pepper, red onion and garlic. In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil; cook the veggies about 2 cups at a time until crisp tender.
- 6Spread goat cheese over golden potato crust; top with cooked veggies and tomatoes.
- 7Sprinkle with fresh basil and mozzarella.
- 8Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Crust Vegetable Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 504.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 12.2 g