Recipe by MarieRynr
Tasty quiche recipe, and a bit different than your usual one. You can jazz it up with some herbs if you like. Easy and tasty, without all the hassle of rolling out a pastry crust.
- 3 cups finely shredded potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or gruyere)
- 1 cup slivered ham
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil and potatoes.
- Press into a buttered 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake in a 425*F oven for 15 minutes.
- Spread onion in crust, then sprinkle on cheese.
- Top with ham slivers.
- Beat together egg, milk and seasonings.
- Pour over ham.
- Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Serves 4.
- P.S. After you have grated the potatoes, squeeze as much water as you can out of them with your hands. This makes a drier mixture and you won't have a soggy crust.