Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a pie crust for savory pies, such as a quiche #185069 or an onion tart. the recipe has been adapted from "Delicious Ways to Lower Cholesterol."
- 1⁄2 lb potato, unpeeled and quartered
- water, for boiling
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Cook potatoes until tender, drain water.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add canola oil, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with a potato masher.
- Add oats and stir.
- Compress mixture with hands.
- Place in a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray.
- Press mixture in bottom and up the sides of the pieplate.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes.