This is a thick, creamy soup with chunks of potatoes and dumpling-like crumbles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This is a type of soup that I like to prepare thick.
- 2Try it a couple times until you have the consistency your family desires.
- 3Everyone likes it made a little differently.
- 4Peel potatoes and cube.
- 5Boil in just enough water to cover the potatoes by a half an inch or so.
- 6Once potatoes are cooked, add can of milk, onion (more or less to taste) and salt and pepper (also to taste).
- 7Simmer on medium.
- 8In a separate bowl, combine flour and egg; mix with fork.
- 9This should be a lumpy crumbly mixture.
- 10Drop crumbles into the simmering mixture.
- 11Let simmer ten to fifteen minutes more.
- 12Add cornstarch to thicken mixture if desired.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Crumbles
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 127.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 17.1 g