Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a thick, creamy soup with chunks of potatoes and dumpling-like crumbles.
- This is a type of soup that I like to prepare thick.
- Try it a couple times until you have the consistency your family desires.
- Everyone likes it made a little differently.
- Peel potatoes and cube.
- Boil in just enough water to cover the potatoes by a half an inch or so.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add can of milk, onion (more or less to taste) and salt and pepper (also to taste).
- Simmer on medium.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and egg; mix with fork.
- This should be a lumpy crumbly mixture.
- Drop crumbles into the simmering mixture.
- Let simmer ten to fifteen minutes more.
- Add cornstarch to thicken mixture if desired.
My husband and I found this recipe on our anniversary and thought it was delicious. We add a little more flavor by putting cheddar cheese in it to give a wonderful taste!
I just made this recipe for my family and they loved it. Even my finicky teenage son came back for seconds. It was easy to make and so satisfying. Thankyou for this recipe.
You weren't kidding about it being a comfort food. It was fantastic.