1/6 Photos of Potato Croquettes With Saffron Aioli
1 hr 30 mins
These are great as tapas, or as a side dish, courtesy of Gourmet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 cups olive oil (for frying)
- 1For Aioli.
- 2Put saffron and hot water in a small cup, let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Puree with remaining Aioli ingredients in a blender, refrigerate.
- 4For Croquettes.
- 5Put diced potatoes in a pot, cover with water and boil 10 minutes until tender.
- 7Mash with a masher and cool.
- 8Beat 1 egg, add to potatoes with herbs, butter, salt and pepper.
- 9Form into small balls on a plate.
- 10Beat remaining 2 eggs in a bowl.
- 11Add flour to one plate and bread crumbs to another.
- 12Roll the potato balls in flour, dip into eggs, roll in bread crumbs.
- 13Place on a tray lined with foil.
- 14Chill for 30 minutes.
- 15Preheat oven to 200°F.
- 16Heat oil in a pot until temp reaches 360--or use a deep fryer.
- 17Fry in batches until browned.
- 18Transfer to paper towels to drain, then place on a tray in the oven to keep warm.
- 19Serve croquettes with saffron aioli.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Croquettes With Saffron Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (1710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.1
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 68.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: