Recipe by WiGal
Croquettes are delicious with steak and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms and strawberries dipped in chocolate. They should be shaped into patties and refrigerated ahead of time. The timing here does not include the chilling time. I have changed the directions about refrigerating the patties ahead and the number of patties after looking at the kind reviews. I do love this recipe and hope you do too.:)
Top Review by Katanashrp
I had some leftover mashed potatoes so I decided to give this recipe a try. I didn't have onions or parsley, so I used garlic and fresh basil. I was skeptical but it turned out really delicious. I had no problem with them staying together. I topped each one with an over-medium egg, some tomato salad on the side, and voila...dinner is ready. Thank you for an effortless, yet tasty meal.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potato, onion, egg, cheese, and parsley in medium bowl; blend thoroughly.
- Shape into 8 patties. At this point, you should refrigerate them.
- Spread bread crumbs onto waxed paper. Dip croquettes in crumbs, turning to coat evenly; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet on moderate heat. Place croquettes in hot oil; cook about 4 minutes, or until brown on each side. Serve hot.