Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Crocchette Di Patate Alla Fontina Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Make and share this Potato Croquettes With Fontina Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces parmigiano, freshly grated
- 3 1⁄2 ounces Fontina cheese, cut into sticks
- 2 ounces cooked ham, cut into sticks or 2 ounces prosciutto, slice cut into sticks
- 3 ounces breadcrumbs
- oil, for deep-frying
- salt and pepper
- Cook the whole unpeeled potatoes in plenty of salted water for about 40-45 minutes until tender, then drain, peel and place into a bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher.
- Separate one of the eggs and stir the yolk and one whole egg into the potato with the Parmigiano cheese.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into croquettes and push a stick of Fontina cheese and a stick of ham into each.
- Beat the remaining egg with a pinch of salt in a shallow dish and spread out the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a large pan.
- Dip the croquettes in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs and fry in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and pile onto a warm serving dish.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
- Serves 4.
- That's it!