Recipe by queenbeatrice
These are a yummy fried side dish with a dipping sauce.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Very nice way to use up some extra mashed potatoes, which I had on hand. I will add just a bit more garlic next time. I was also not able to bring myself to deep fry them, so pan fried them instead. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 9 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons green peas, cooked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, for dusting, approximately
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon catsup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil, add chopped onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add ground beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook until done. Set aside to cool.
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes until done. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix and mash peas and potatoes.
- Mix with meat.
- Make 8-10 potato patties.
- Coat the patties with flour, dip in eggs and coat with panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in 350 degree Fahrenheit oil until golden brown.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and use to dip croquettes inches.