Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great appetizer
- 2 lbs potatoes, cold and mashed
- 1 cup baby shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup homogenized milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, shrimp, olives, scallions, ham and mozzarella with a wooden spoon.
- Roll the mixture into 3 x 1-inch logs, about 1/3 cup of mixture.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Dip the potato logs into the egg mixture and then breadcrumbs.
- Dip again in the egg mixture and then breadcrumbs so that each croquette is double crusted.
- Repeat with remaining potato logs.
- Heat a medium sauté pan on medium to high heat.
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry each croquette in the pan for approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.