Recipe by KaraRN
This was on Paula's Home cooking. I just love these. Left over mashed potatoes are the best, but you can make fresh mashed potatoes to make this.
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups left over mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup peanut oil, enough to fill pan 1/2-inch
Directions See How It's Made
- Add milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion, beaten egg yolks and flour to mashed potatoes.
- Chill and then shape using an ice cream scoop.
- Dip in the beaten egg, then roll through bread crumbs.
- Fry each croquette in shallow oil until brown on all sides.
- Cook's Note: Cook in small batches, giving each croquette at least 2 inches of space around it to not overcrowd the pan. This prevents the croquettes from crumbling while frying.