Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This appetizer is a hit at any party, fried breaded mash potatoes with a gooey cheesy center, whats not to love!
- 1 lb Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 3 eggs (mostly the yolks)
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (any cheese works but mozzarella i feel is the best)
- 14 fluid ounces oil (for frying)
- 1. Mix the potatoes in with the egg yolks (i like to put just a little bit of the egg whites from one of the eggs).
- 2. Cut cheese into julienne strips that are about a 1/2 in long, no bigger than your thumb.
- 3. With your hands form the mash potatoes around the cheese into a shape that's best described as "Twinkies" shape.
- 4. Roll the croquet's into the bread crumbs.
- 5. in a large fry pan, fry in the oil until crispy brown then prepare to enjoy one of the tastiest appetizers of all time.