Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 min
A Jane Brody recipe. She recommends a vegetable filling.
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- In blender combine first 7 ingredients. Blend until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour beating after each addition until smooth. Add butter and mix thoroughly. Let stand in refrigerator at least 1 hour. Stir thoroughly before making crepes.
- Heat pan over med heat. Spray with the vegetable oil and add about 3 tbsp batter. Tip the pan to coat bottom evenly with batter.
- Cook the crepe for 1 minute or until the top is no longer wet and the bottom is lightly browned. USE A WIDE SPATULA carefully flip the crepe over. Brown other side. Turn out onto a clean kitchen towel. DO NOT USE TERRY.
- Repeat until batter is finished. If you are making ahead let them cool on towel. Then stack with a sheet of wax paper between each and refrigerate or freeze them.
- DO NOT FILL THEM BEFORE REFRIGERATING OR FREEZING.
- The time is the sitting time in refrigerator.