Recipe by Pantry Chef Starkey
Soup for the soul!
Top Review by downeastcook
This is an excellent recipe for crab chowder. I followed the recipe with only a few changes. I added 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper along with the black pepper. I also added about 1/4 cup of sherry at the end of cooking time. We loved it!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups potatoes, skin on, 1 inch cubed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can lump crabmeat
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch parsley
- Saute onion& garlic in melted butter in large sauce pan for 4 minutes.
- Add potato and saute 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in flour, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add milk, pepper, nutmeg, corn and broth.
- Bring to a simmer over med heat stirring frequently.
- Cover and reduce heat to low for a 20 minute simmer.
- Stir in crab meat and parsley, cook 5 minutes.
- Serve or pour into crock pot on low or warm.