Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Mom would be happy to see crab cakes on the menu. The addition of potatoes makes for a great binding agent and it also gives body to this Cajun Cuisine!
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 12 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 3 tablespoons of minced green onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Pre heat you oven to 350 degrees and add 1 cup of frozen Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes to a baking dish for 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and add to a medium sized bowl. Add the crab meat, green onions, egg, and Cajun seasoning.
- Mixed with your hands until ingredients are combined well. Add to a ring mold and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and add to a pre heated sauté pan. Carefully cook both sides for approximately 7 minutes each.