Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Something different in the way of crêpes with six suggested fillings. You can make a meal of this one. Times are all guesswork as I don't usually time myself when making these.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 potatoes, peeled and grated (squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash cream cheese and flour together. Beat in eggs, cheese, grated potatoes, pepper and parsley. Add sufficient cream to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil or butter in a small frying pan. Pour in 1 tbsp batter; move pan to spread batter over base. Brown both sides. To keep crêpes warm, stack on a plate, cover with foil and set over a pan of simmering water.
- Serve crêpes with filling of your choice. add bacon, a salad or use as an accompaniment to other dishes.
- FILLING#1: 6 mushrooms, sautéed.
- FILLING#2: 1/4 cup diced ham, 1 tbsp chopped chives and 1/4 cup sour cream, mixed.
- FILLING#3: 1/4 cooked chicken livers mixed with 1 onion, sliced and sautéed.
- FILLING#4: 2 slices bacon and 1 diced tomato fried together.
- FILLING#5: 1 green apple, cored and diced, mixed with 1/4 cup blue cheese and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- FILLING#6: 1 cup cooked spinach, 1 1/2 tbsp pine nuts and 1 clove garlic, crushed, fried in 2 1/2 tbsp butter.