Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the three fillings for Pierogi's that I will be listing. These came from a newspaper clipping from 1981. Do not add milk or seasoning when you mash the potatoes.
- 1⁄3 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dill (fresh) or 1 teaspoon dill (frozen) or 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed (dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup cottage cheese (dry-curd)
- 1 dash black pepper
- Cook onion in butter or margarine till tender. Combine with potatoes, dill, salt and dash pepper. Stir in cottage cheese.
Very good, though I think next time I will use more dill.