Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick, easy recipe for those cold winter nights!
- 6 -8 new potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 lb cubed ham
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) bag frozen corn
- chicken broth
- 1⁄2 loaf Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Combine potatoes and onion in soup pot. Add chicken broth to cover. Bring to boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, ham and corn. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add water and milk as desired for consistancy and texture.
- Bring to boil, add cubed Velveeta cheese, melt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This was fantastic. I had to make do with what was already in the kitchen - I used Idaho potatoes, canned instead of frozen corn, and added a bit of flour after the milk and water to make it a little thicker. I used shredded cheddar instead of velveeta, and used lunchmeat ham. Even my picky kid, who usually obsesses over all of the ingredients that she hates, quietly ate the whole thing and declared it awesome.
We have had an Ice storm here and was really needing some good comfort food and this really did the trick. FANTASTIC! This is something that will be around our house every winter. Very easy. Our 2 yr. old even loved it! A real keeper! Thanks!
This was AWSOME!!!!! It was so tasty in sourdough bread bowls on a cold night!