Recipe by Mrs. Captain
This is a quick, easy recipe for those cold winter nights!
Top Review by ThatKat
This was fantastic. I had to make do with what was already in the kitchen - I used Idaho potatoes, canned instead of frozen corn, and added a bit of flour after the milk and water to make it a little thicker. I used shredded cheddar instead of velveeta, and used lunchmeat ham. Even my picky kid, who usually obsesses over all of the ingredients that she hates, quietly ate the whole thing and declared it awesome.
- 6 -8 new potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 lb cubed ham
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) bag frozen corn
- chicken broth
- 1⁄2 loaf Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes and onion in soup pot. Add chicken broth to cover. Bring to boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, ham and corn. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add water and milk as desired for consistancy and texture.
- Bring to boil, add cubed Velveeta cheese, melt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.