1 hr 5 mins
From Cooking Pleasures Magazine. So very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion, plus
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion, divided
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Add 1/4 cup of the green onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add 2 cups of the milk, potatoes, parsnip, salt and pepper; bring just to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and parsnips are tender; remove from heat.
- 5Ladle about 1 cup of the mixture into blender.
- 6Add remaining 1/2 cup milk; blend until smooth.
- 7Return to saucepan; add corn.
- 8Simmer over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in sesame oil.
- 10Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon green onions.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Corn Chowder With Toasted Sesame Oil
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.3
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 791.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: