Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Pleasures Magazine. So very good.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, plus
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the green onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add 2 cups of the milk, potatoes, parsnip, salt and pepper; bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and parsnips are tender; remove from heat.
- Ladle about 1 cup of the mixture into blender.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup milk; blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan; add corn.
- Simmer over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon green onions.