Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I developed this recipe last summer to use up an overabundance of sweet corn and other fresh summer vegetables. This makes a lot of soup, so luckily it reheats well!
- 6 cups fresh corn (about 12 ears)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 10 ounces potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Place everything in a 6 quart crock pot and mix together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (you can't really cook this too long!).
I made 1/3 the recipe for the 2 of us. I used a whole can of beef broth and no water. I didn't have fresh corn so I used frozen, I don't think it makes any difference in the taste, which was excellent. Must be the rosemary and thyme that go so well with this dish. Thanks for a great recipe.
This was ultra simple (just chop veggies) and tasty. I doubled the spices and added 3/4 cup of white wine. Next time I would only use 8 ears of corn (around 4 cups) so that the other veggies are more prominent. Thanks kburie, I love using my crockpot!