Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sooo very easy and yummy! If you want your bacon crunchy stir it in at the end of cooking. You can also use a cut up ham to make it a one dish meal; however, I think it's just fine on it's own with bread or crackers. This recipe came from Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker cookbook
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (about 4 cups)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6-8 hours (or high heat setting 3-4 hours) to develop flavors.
I don't care much for creamed corn recipes, but this one has substance and flavor. Best yet, so easy to put together. I added some of the spices Meghan Williams suggested. Thanks, Jen, for such a nice side dish.
Ok, yum. Seriously, yum. Great cold weather food! I made some changes though... I cooked the onions in butter and added all that. I added loads of seasonings (Lawry's, dash of liquid smoke, extra pepper and salt, red pepper, and some onion powder). AND I did the whole thing on the stove - takes less than an hour. It was wonderful - and the leftovers were even better. Thanks for this awesome recipe!
Althought the flavor was nice, this turned out thick, sorta like the Hashbrown Casserole at Cracker Barrel. Not like any corn chowder I've ever had. I would not consider this in any way "soup like". But it tasted good along side ham.