Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a FAVORITE at my house. Very good with crusty sourdough bread or BLTs.
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 5 -6 slices bacon
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- onion powder
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Fry bacon and set aside.
- Dice potatoes and put in large pot. Add just enough water to cover potatoes. Add about 1/2 tspn of salt. Crumble bacon into potatoes while cooking and add about 1 tablespoon of bacon grease to water.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Do not drain any water. Mash potatoes until chunky with a masher.
- Add cream corn, frozen corn, evaporated milk and butter. Season with salt, onion powder and pepper. Heat through till hot, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls and add grated cheese and tabasco to taste.
This was okay. Easy to make which I loved. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be. I'll make it again in this fashion but will use more bacon and heavy cream instead of the evaporated milk. And it was good with sourdough bread.