Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a FAVORITE at my house. Very good with crusty sourdough bread or BLTs.
Make and share this Potato Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Fry bacon and set aside.
- Dice potatoes and put in large pot. Add just enough water to cover potatoes. Add about 1/2 tspn of salt. Crumble bacon into potatoes while cooking and add about 1 tablespoon of bacon grease to water.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Do not drain any water. Mash potatoes until chunky with a masher.
- Add cream corn, frozen corn, evaporated milk and butter. Season with salt, onion powder and pepper. Heat through till hot, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls and add grated cheese and tabasco to taste.