Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love corn chowder and after making it I changed it up a bit and added some potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (from the box)
- 3 cups corn kernels (I use frozen)
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- In a pot bring your chicken stock up to a boil.
- Peel and dice potatoes in to small cubes and add to stock.
- Add corn.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt 1 stick of butter.
- Dice onion and add to butter.
- Cut half of green pepper into same sized shape.
- Peel carrot and cut in half. Cut one half into similar size again. Do whatever you wish with other half.
- Add carrot and pepper to onion and butter.
- Salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mince garlic clove and add. Cook 2 more minutes.
- Add flour and cook for about 3 minutes or until golden.
- Ladle by ladle add stock/corn/potato mix, whisking to break up the roux (veg and flour and butter mix).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 1/2 cup headed half and half to soup and stir.