Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chowder is like a baked potato soup plus corn. I first served it to my in-laws the day after Thanksgiving, and everyone loved it. It satisfied a group of 6 (including 3 very hungry men), but I was sad to see no leftovers. Plus it can be a one-pot meal for easy clean up.
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 cups diced potatoes (2 large potatoes)
- 12 ounces frozen bell peppers onions and celery (1 bag PictSweet Seasoning Blend)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook for 5 minutes in 6-quart soup pot.
- Add potatoes and seasoning blend. Cook 15 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add sour cream, milk, chicken soup, and corn.
- Heat chowder to bubbling, then reduce heat and simmer 10-20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.