Recipe by Deb's Recipes
My husband says this dish is one of his top two favorites! You can tell that's true with just one look at the battered condition of my recipe card. It appears as though I've made this dish at least a hundred times! I originally found the recipe in a Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook at the city library.
- 1⁄3 lb bacon, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat for 1-2 minutes; add corn, milk, butter, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until bubbly.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in potato flakes and sour cream.
- Turn contents of skillet into a 9" square baking dish that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray.
- Top with bacon, parmesan cheese, and optional green onions.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.