Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 226.79 g package frozen corn, thawed
- 680.38 g boiling potatoes, quartered lengthwise and cut into ¾ inch slices
- 73.94 ml white wine vinegar
- 236.59 ml packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 226.79 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Put thawed corn in large bowl.
- Steam potatoes, covered, 8-10 minutes or until just tender; add to bowl.
- Toss with 1 tblsp of the vinegar and salt to taste.
- In blender or processor, blend basil, garlic, 4 tblsps vinegar and add oil in a stream to emulsify.
- Pour dressing over corn and potatoes.
- Add onion and tomatoes and season to taste.
- (can be made 1 day ahead).
- Serve at room temperature.
Very easy, and very tasty thnks Evelyn. I made this to be eaten warm, as a side with hamburgers. As it was our only vegetable, I substituted some of the corn for frozen baby peas, which made it very cocourful.
The flavor of this salad was really good, but I will use a little less vinegar when I make it again. This will be a good recipe to have when we grill. Thanks for sharing the recipe!