Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living. This has a beautiful presentation! I sometimes scale the amounts way back to serve just me :) Great lunch salad too! I love having the starchy carbs in there! I also use just plain old red potatoes for this a lot of the time. Also, I usually cube potatoes before boiling. Also, I very rarely peel them because I love all the nutrients in the peel! Since I don't like raw tomatoes, I will leave them out. Sometimes I will sub sun-dried in their place! Prep-time does not include cooling time for potatoes, and cook time is assembly time.
- 1360.77 g yukon gold potatoes
- 3.69 ml salt
- 453.59 g bottleolive oil-and-vinegar dressing, divided
- 1892.72 ml mixed salad greens
- 2 large avocados
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 12 small green onions, sliced
- 473.18 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 113.39 g crumbled blue cheese
- 6-8 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut into cubes.
- Sprinkle potatoes evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Pour 1 cup dressing over potatoes; gently toss. Set aside remaining dressing. Cover potato mixture; chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Arrange salad greens evenly on a large serving platter. Peel and chop avocados; toss with lemon juice.
- Arrange potatoes, avocados, tomatoes, and next 4 ingredients in rows over salad greens, making two rows of each ingredient.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with remaining dressing.
I scaled this down to feed two of us. A really great salad. First time trying potatoes this way and the flavor was excellent. I used feta cheese instead of blue and didnt use bacon, but I did have some ham I wanted to use up and it worked out great. I put it on a bed of romaine and iceburg lettuce, and this made for a very filling salad. Such a nice colorful salad too, I love cobb salads for this reason. Thanks for sharing SaraBeth