1/3 Photos of Potato Cobb Salad
From Southern Living. This has a beautiful presentation! I sometimes scale the amounts way back to serve just me :) Great lunch salad too! I love having the starchy carbs in there! I also use just plain old red potatoes for this a lot of the time. Also, I usually cube potatoes before boiling. Also, I very rarely peel them because I love all the nutrients in the peel! Since I don't like raw tomatoes, I will leave them out. Sometimes I will sub sun-dried in their place! Prep-time does not include cooling time for potatoes, and cook time is assembly time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle olive oil-and-vinegar dressing, divided
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 12 small green onions, sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut into cubes.
- 2Sprinkle potatoes evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Pour 1 cup dressing over potatoes; gently toss. Set aside remaining dressing. Cover potato mixture; chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 3Arrange salad greens evenly on a large serving platter. Peel and chop avocados; toss with lemon juice.
- 4Arrange potatoes, avocados, tomatoes, and next 4 ingredients in rows over salad greens, making two rows of each ingredient.
- 5Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.0
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 749.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens