Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this Chowder
- 4.92 ml canola oil or 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 354.88 ml carrots, chopped
- 354.88 ml celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 907.18 g yukon gold potatoes, peel and chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 946.36 ml chicken stock or 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 2 (740 ml) can evaporated milk
- 59.14 ml dill, chopped, fresh
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large pot.
- Add next 4 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add potatoes and stock. Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat. Simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add Milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Puree half the soup.
- Return to pot and combine well.
- Stir in dill.
- Add salt to taste.
Loved this soup, with some amount adjustments and the addition of crushed chili flakes and fresh grated Parmesan cheese we really enjoyed this soup, thanks Pinkie!
This a a great all year round soup. The reason I say that is because I made it early this morning when it looked for all the world like it was going to be another day of dark sky, wind and rain. About noon the clouds and gloomy day vanished and it was suddenly 82 degrees and wickedly humid. At dinner time I didn't really feel like heating the kitchen and having steaming soup. I samples a spoon full straight from the fridge and it was great! I had chilled Potato Chowder for dinner and enjoyed every bit of my bowl. My personal adjustments were to use just 1/2 a can of the milk as I didn't want it as thin as the 2 cans would have made it and I skipped the dill. Made for Photo Tag.