- 1 teaspoon canola oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peel and chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 (370 ml) cans evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup dill, chopped, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large pot.
- Add next 4 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add potatoes and stock. Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat. Simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add Milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Puree half the soup.
- Return to pot and combine well.
- Stir in dill.
- Add salt to taste.