Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Potato, Chorizo and Green Chile Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 283.49 g red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 236.59 ml chopped tomato
- 29.58 ml diced white onions
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- 170.09 g mexican raw chorizo sausage
- 236.59 ml chopped white onion
- 78.07 ml thinly sliced poblano chile
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4 medium whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 56.69 g queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Place the red potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain; pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
- Combine 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add 1 cup onion and poblano to pan; cook 2 minutes or until onion is tender and chorizo is done, stirring frequently. Remove the chorizo mixture from pan. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add potatoes; cook for 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Stir in chorizo mixture and salt.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Divide the potato mixture evenly among tortillas, and top evenly with salsa and cheese. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 burritos to pan, seam side down; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned.
This has a really good flavor, though I don't think it could be considered a "light" dish because of the grease in the chorizo. What I did, though, was make up a batch, wrapped the burritos individually, and put them in the freezer. This made a great, quick breakfast for work days because all I needed to do was zap one in the microwave for 90 seconds.
Edited part: I've been making this every two weeks now as a quick breakfast, and have added in bacon and eggs. Cook the bacon first, then cook the potatos in the bacon fat. After everything else has been added, put in four eggs. Now that one of the kids has come home, they're disappearing even faster.