Recipe is from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced white onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces mexican raw chorizo sausage
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced poblano chile
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1Place the red potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain; pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
- 2Combine 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add 1 cup onion and poblano to pan; cook 2 minutes or until onion is tender and chorizo is done, stirring frequently. Remove the chorizo mixture from pan. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add potatoes; cook for 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Stir in chorizo mixture and salt.
- 4Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Divide the potato mixture evenly among tortillas, and top evenly with salsa and cheese. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion.
- 5Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 burritos to pan, seam side down; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Chorizo and Green Chile Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 909.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: