Recipe by Aroostook
Found this unusual recipe on the "Chocolate Site" Haven't tried it yet but I will!
Top Review by Karyl Lee
I fiddled with this recipe and used sweet potato, which worked very well. I suspect that most people might require more than a lb of confectioner's sugar-which I did by a little. It is very easy to make and very tasty too. The texture is lovely.
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and mash a medium potato without using any seasoning, butter or milk.
- Measure 1/3 cup.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Blend into mashed potatoes with the salt and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Sift sugar.
- Add a small amount at a time, blending until no sugar is visible.
- When a spoon is no longer equal to the task of mixing, knead in the balance of the sugar with well-buttered hands.
- Turn out onto a board and continue to knead until mixture is smooth, glossy and pliable, buttering hands as necessary.
- No crumbs should remain.
- Press into a buttered 8-inch square pan or shape into balls and top each ball with nutmeg.