Recipe by Skooch
Got this from Everyday Food (a Martha Stewart magazine). It looks so good, but I haven't tried it yet (posting here for safe keeping).
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon scallion
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes between paper towels; press to remove excess moisture. Transfer potatoes to a medium bowl and add chives. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add potato mixture; press with a heatproof spatula to flatten and form into one even pancake.
- Cook until underside is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Slide pancake onto a plate; invert onto a second plate. Slide pancake (browned side up) back into skillet. Continue to cook until underside is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Slice into wedges and serve.