Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The perfect dip for potato/carb freaks. Prep time assumes you have already cooked the potato.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mashed, cooked potato, , , cooled to room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with French-fried potatoes or roasted potato wedges.
- Tip: Two-thirds cup cut-up (1-inch) peeled potato will yield approximately 1/2 cup mashed cooked potato.
- In small saucepan, combine potato, 1/8 teaspoon salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Mash with potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Cool before using for dip.
this was hands down an all around hit at my house the flavors blend so well together we will make this again and again