Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a delicious tender loaf with the great taste of chives. It is easy to make because it uses instant potato flakes.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried chives
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select regular, rapid or delayed-time bake cycle and follow manufacturer's directions for starting machine.
I have made this for several bake sales and given some to friends. Raves all the way around! I also added 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Yummy!
This bread is wonderful! It made the house smell great. This would make awesome sandwich bread. Although the recipe didn't call for it, I sifted the flour and the loaf came out very soft and fluffy. I also substituted about a half cup of fresh chives for the dried ones. We'll definitely make this one again!
Machine settings: White, normal rise, medium crust Great sandwich bread, especially grilled cheese! I use chives or caraway seeds. Easy recipe with perfect results every time.