Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
We tried these tonight and they made a delicious treat. Be sure to let them cool all the way. I did minor change for our tastes The recipe is from allrecipes.com and was submitted by Jessica.
- Pour oil into a plastic bag. Add potato slices and shake to coat.
- Coat a large diner plate lightly with oil or cooking spray. I used a 10 inch casserole dish, using cooking spray.
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
- Cook in microwave 3-6 minutes, or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). Times will vary on the power of your microwave. Mine took 6 minutes.
- Remove chips for plate/dish and sprinkle with salt, and other seasonings, if desired.
- Let cool.
- Repeat the process with remaining slices. You will not need to keep oiling the plate/dish.
Who could have guessed that potato chips could be made in the microwave? Not me! LOL But, these were great! I used a glass pie dish, and found that it only took about 2:15m -2:30m for mine to be crispy. (1100w microwave) They are best the first day, and are not greasy at all. :) I will be making these again, for an almost guilt free snack! I had to remind myself to take a pic before I ate them all up! Thanks for sharing, happynana! :)
Delicious! Full of potato flavor and not greasy at all. I've made chips in the oven before, but never thought to use the microwave. It only took about 5 minutes for me. I love salt and black pepper on them. This won't be the last time I make these! Thanks for posting. Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap.
Yum! We all enjoyed this chips. I made two batches because Little Miss (DD) ate the first batch before I could even try it. It took me six minutes for the potatoes to crisp, like the pack of chips you find on the supermarket store. I seasoned with freshly cracked sea salt and Cajun seasoning. Thank you so much for posting your recipe happynana